Create a backup
Once you’ve created any backup rules and schedule policies you want, you can use them to create a backup.
From the home page, select the Backup the cluster you want to back up:
Select the namespaces and apply label selectors to filter the resources you want to back up:NOTE:
- To back up all namespaces, choose Select All
- To back up all namespaces and the namespaces created after you created this backup, choose Select All and then select Include any new namespaces created
Select the Backup button:
From the dialog box, specify the following:
- Backup name: the name of the backup you want displayed in the PX-Backup UI
- Backup location: which bucket you want to store your backups onto
- Now or On a schedule: run the backup immediately or choose a schedule policy to associate with this backup
- Pre-exec rule: any rules you want to execute before the backup runs
- Post-exec rule: any rules you want to execute after the backup runs
- Backup labels: any labels you want to attach to the backup once it’s created
Once you’ve created your backup, you can monitor its status.